MPOWER Financing gives international students the opportunity to obtain education loans in the United States or Canada without requiring a cosigner in either country. However, students who are citizens of the United States and who have creditworthy cosigners may find more affordable and flexible options with other lenders.
Student loans for international students with no cosigners required
- Students from other countries who want to pursue a master’s degree or an undergraduate degree must either be enrolled in a one- or two-year program or be within two years of having graduated.
- MPOWER doesn’t require students to have a cosigner.
- All loan terms are for a period of ten years, and the maximum amount a student can borrow for any one loan is fifty thousand dollars, with a total limit of one hundred thousand dollars.
- While a student is enrolled in an educational program and during the six-month grace period that follows graduation, only the interest on the loan must be paid.
- MPOWER does not offer any loans with variable interest rates.
- Even if the applicant does not have a credit history or a cosigner, MPOWER Financing may be able to provide them with a student loan so that they can pursue their educational goals in the United States or Canada.
- DACA recipients and refugees are also eligible.
- You must either be a graduate student or an undergraduate student who will graduate within the next two years.
- Along with the payment of educational expenses, living expenses can also be covered by a loan.
- Available to international students without a cosigner
- Interest rate discounts available
- High interest rates
- Origination fees apply
- Only one repayment option
MPOWER Financing for International Student Loans Rates
|Fixed APR||7.52% – 14.98%|
|Loan Terms||10 years|
|Loan Amounts||$2,001 – $100,000 per school year|
MPOWER Student Loans Eligibility Requirements & Application Process
MPOWER is unusual in that it does not require foreign students to have a credit score in the United States, collateral, or a cosigner in order for them to be eligible for loan opportunities.
It provides financial assistance to students coming from over 190 different nations who are enrolled in a college or university in the United States or Canada that MPOWER has partnered with. Students who are citizens of the United States are eligible for loans through MPOWER.
MPOWER still runs credit checks on applicants, using credit reports to verify potential borrowers’ payment histories, even though applicants are not required to have a credit score in the United States in order to be eligible. During the approval process, MPOWER says it takes into account the applicant’s academic performance as well as their career goals.
Before you submit an application for a loan through MPOWER, make sure you meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- You must currently be in the final two years of your program of study and attend an institution in the United States or Canada that MPOWER has partnered with.
- Students enrolled in DACA, permanent residents, international students, and citizens of the United States all qualify.
How to apply for an MPOWER Financing for International Student Loans
The application process for these loans can be straightforward, and approval can come in a reasonable amount of time. The money can be used in the same manner that a student would use a traditional student loan, which is to say that it can be used to cover education-related expenses such as tuition, room and board, food, insurance, and books.
To submit an application, one must merely go to the MPOWER website and click the “Get Started” button. After that, you will be asked to provide some fundamental information concerning:
- Your name and country of citizenship
- Your current enrollment status
- Your university and degree
- Your expected graduation date
- Your required loan amount
After that, MPOWER will determine whether or not you are eligible for the program and give you a quote on the rates. You are free to continue with the application process if you decide to keep working with the lender.
Student Loan Discounts
MPOWER Financing borrowers can qualify for loan discounts:
- Automatic Payment – Reduces your interest rate by 0.50% when you sign up for automatic payments
- On-Time Payment – Reduces your interest rate by 0.50% when you make six monthly payments on time with automatic payments
- Graduation and Employment: Reduces your interest rate by 0.50% when you report proof of graduation and employment
Is Having Cosigners Necessary?
Cosigners are not required for a loan through MPOWER Financing, nor are they even taken into consideration during the application process. Instead, the lending institution considers your future potential in addition to any credit history you may already have in your home country.
- Year Founded: 2014
- Official Website: www.mpowerfinancing.com
- Loans Offered: Undergraduate, Graduate, International, Refinanced
- Customer Service: 24/7 online or by phone: 202-417-3800